Tuesday, April 26, 2011

happy easter part 2- a family affair

the going on's of the M. family,
easter 2011:

it was a lovely, crisp easter morning.
our wonderful grandma nene and auntie k. were in town.
we decided our special family meal celebration would take place over breakfast-before church.
{made to order omelets, fresh fruit and coffee were all featured
on the super, duper, extravagant easter brunch menu.}

we joined in our before church easter egg hunt-
and loved hunting for eggs with all our dear little dressed up friends!
{and nboy also enjoyed snacking on candy throughout the sunday service,
as there was no childrens church.}

we said a sad goodbye to grandma nene and auntie k.
then we had a quick afternoon lunch- featuring amazing cereal, oatmeal, and toast.
after which we "blissfully" headed into naptime-
{after silencing their "I don't want to nap" wails with
sippy cups of juice in bed.}
then mr.m and I also collapsed into our own naptime hibernation.

upon waking up from family naptime,
mr.m and I decided we would end our easter celebration with the ultimate
toddler celebration station:

a easter dinner playdate at McDonalds.

and although, I admit, I protested the whole way-
"mr.m. no parent spends easter dinner with their children at McD's.
this is so sad.....". sniff. sniff.

I was pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in very popular like company-
as mc.d's was packed with other parents our age,
and their kiddos,
celebrating easter dinner over happy meals, chocolate milk & apple dippers.

besides, easter isn't about the meals after all....right!
it's about Christ.
and His resurrection- which defeated death- so we could have life.
and that, I am pretty hopeful-

we did feast over earnestly in our hearts.

DSC_0233
DSC_0182
DSC_0260
DSC_0203

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...