Tuesday, April 19, 2011

carrot cake {an easter tradition}

we adore this recipe.
we make it often,
and I make it every easter.

it's not for the calorically shy.
you have to embrace the eggs, oil and the real cream cheese frosting.

it is melt in your mouth yummy.
it makes the word scrumptious come to mind.

DSC_0113
DSC_0117
DSC_0120
DSC_0128
DSC_0132
DSC_0147
DSC_0152
DSC_0148

here is the recipe.
the key truly is FINELY ground carrots.
get out the food processor, and chop them up.
(don't puree them- just a super fine chop).

it gives you a bit of carrot in every bite.
so that you feel a little more healthy,
when you cut yourself a large serving to go with your afternoon coffee.
every. day. till. it. is. all. eaten. up.
every. last. crumb.
every. carrot. bit.

DSC_0111
DSC_0110

enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! What a fun Easter tradition. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Oh, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who requires coffee in the afternoon instead of in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. I want some NOW. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you shared that recipe! Your carrot cake is delicious! And I LOVE the frosting! The step by step photos were great, too! Jill B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you liked it!! And, it's a great everyday recipe too....or at least I could eat it that often! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...