mostly because I just adore lemon-
especially in the summer.
this week we treated ourselves with this trifle dessert.
and, it's almost gone.
so now you know- we treated ourselves more than just after dinner.
it was that yummy.
and yes, our little people even loved it too,
{although they never turn down sweets-
so their dessert "reviews" don't really count}.
here's my recipe:
1 box mix lemon cake
{made in a 9x13, baked, & cooled according to package directions, and I would recommend the linked brand- it's a good balance of yellow cake with lots of real lemon zest to keep the lemony flavor from being overbearing}
1 container of whipped topping
2 C of sliced fresh strawberries
1 C of diced fresh pineapple
{you could probably use canned-
but make sure to drain & squeeze it well}
1 small package of lemon pudding {2.9 oz}
{made with 2 C of milk & set}

you know how those layers go:
a little whip at the bottom
then some lemon cake broken into bite size bits
add a few scoops of pudding
top with a bit of whipped topping
sprinkle with strawberries
sprinkle with pineapple
and repeat.
until your trifle bowl is overflowing.

you can work hard to make yours pretty-
but I'm okay with this....
since it's going to get all mushed up anyway
after that spoon goes in for your first serving.
here's to lemony goodness in the summer time!

I think I will try your lemon trifle recipe this weekend! Yum!
ReplyDeletehey friend! did it turn out well for you!? hope so!
ReplyDelete