Tuesday, May 31, 2011

a snow white birthday party {part 1}

I love to celebrate.
I love to create special events in our home-
to "mark" special moments throughout our year.
this gives our family happy memories to reflect on,
and exciting moments to look forward to ahead.

Mr.M. has often said,
that I "live from celebration to celebration"-
and it's true.

so...onto our next celebration:
our darling three year old,
has been passionate about snow white all year.
it all started when grandma nene bought her a snow white costume-
and you can see it throughout the blog...in dozens of pictures,
because she's basically worn it every.single.day- since she received it.

it's tattered.
frayed.
has holes in it.
and she still prefers it over any other costume
in her costume basket.

even though she'd never seen snow white- the movie,
I just had to go with a snow white theme.
so, for her first "friend" birthday party.
{and my first daughters "friend" party},
we did a theme of red & yellow, along with apples.

DSC_0141 (2)
DSC_0271

we invited our sweet friends to dress up like
fairytale characters.
we had several snow whites, cinderella's, a few fairy's & one ariel.
so....absolutely......darling!
grandma nene updated GGirl's snow white dress
{so she had a "hole free" dress to wear to her party!}


DSC_0119

I even broke open my preserved wedding dress-in-a-box.
{I know. gasp! sorry, dad...I know you paid for that after our wedding}
but, yes. yes, I did.
all so I could pull out my wedding tiara-
to wear for my three year olds party.

DSC_0117 (2)

we ate apples.
we drank apple ginger sparklers.
we celebrated with apple cake pops.

DSC_0137 (2)
DSC_0136 (2)
DSC_0196

mr.m. coordinated "stick a red bow on snow white ggirls head."
and keeping with our snow white theme...
ggirl helped me make red bow "snow white" headbands for her party favors.

DSC_0247
DSC_0156
DSC_0129 (2)

we made princess rings.
out of pipe cleaners,
hot glue & craft jewels.

DSC_0227

our family's drove from far away to celebrate with us.
mr.m's family.
my sisters.
our darling cousins b, p & tbaby.

DSC_0183
DSC_0186
DSC_0144 (2)

it was a joyful, princess celebration!
and I know, most importantly,
our spunky & sweet three year old girl- felt loved and well-celebrated!

DSC_0288
DSC_0284
DSC_0297

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! So cute! And those rings...what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, the party was SO stinkin cute - way to go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Hannah! I love it - an absolutely darling party without being crazily over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Such sweet comments!!! It was so fun to plan and be a part of.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...