Monday, May 2, 2011

"do bugs poop?"

this darling boy is growing so fast!
he is really in a building, discovering, questioning, playing-on-his-own stage.
he loves legos.
he loves lincoln logs.
he loves following "maps" {instruction manuals with the games & legos}.

he loves this vintage monopoly game.
he loves it because it's star wars.
{I had no idea he'd be into star wars so early. thanks, preschool friends!}

DSC_0088
DSC_0090
DSC_0100

he loves asking us all sorts of questions.
his latest, greatest ones have been:

"daddy. do bugs poop?"
"where is the tallest building in the world?"
"if Jesus is with us all the time, why can't I see him?"
"why do some people do bad things?"
"why does God let bad storms come and wreck things?"
"why does our friend H. {our Compassion buddy} not have any food to eat?"
"who will be in heaven, mommy?"
"how does our body make us laugh?"
"how does our skin keep water off it?"

those questions keep me hoping & praying that my brain still has some
intelligence and wisdom in it.....
after the mommy-frazzle-brained-days (and nights) take their toll.

I'll admit there's a few times I've responded with a blank look.
{okay, more than a few.}

oh my. {sigh}
but this what unending laundry, grocery shopping, meal making, messy toddler potty training, and sick crabby baby nights- can do to a person.

but.....I do adore being this boy's mama.

I feel so blessed, that I get to influence him.
I get to give him a blank look.
I get to think a bit.
And, I get to answer his questions..................

with hopefully a little bit of thoughtfulness sprinkled through the craziness!

DSC_0006
DSC_0009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...