Tuesday, September 8, 2009

mirror, mirror, on the wall





G is fascinated with her reflection right now. She is constantly going to the mirror in our room and looking at herself inside. She makes all sorts of faces (because she a face-making-type-of-kiddo) and she's still not completely aware that it's her own reflection staring back. One thing for sure- she loves the image she reflects- she's blissfully pleased with her own unique face staring back at her.
Observing her delight in her image, makes me think about the "world of beauty" that awaits her (and every girl- at some point).
I reflected about my own "beauty past" and how thankful I am- that I was guided towards developing my inside beauty (more than my outside). I was encouraged to accept my outside skin as as a reflection of God's creative expression- and to treat it with esteem and care- but to focus on the inside- after all that's the eternal part!
I know helping G tackle and navigate through her journey of beauty is going to take a lot of wisdom, but I'm hopeful she'll desire to focus foremost on beautifying her inside beauty and then being a good steward of her outside skin as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...