Thursday, October 21, 2010

leaf cookies

Every fall we make "leaf" cookies at our house. The little people love cut out cookies, and we enjoy doing the whole process together. I've always loved baking & cooking myself, and I hope my kiddos grow to have a passion for it as well!

I've learned for these baking experiences- to plan on a mess- a BIG mess. That I, only I, will be cleaning up. But.........once I've set those expectations...then I can enjoy the fun of making that mess with them! And, well, let's be honest, there's nothing sweeter than a flour coated toddler!

Nboy was at school and so I decided this day, just GGirl and I would mix up and bake the cookies together.

This spunky girl is SO independent....even while making cookies. If I turned the mixer on, she turned it off....and then turned it on again.......to the speed I specified....just because SHE wanted to do it herself. And so on. With every single cookie-baking-step. Every one. she would do, or re-do on her own, if I did it first.

She loved putting the cookie cutters in the dough....and then putting her fingerprints in the cut out cookies......so then we had to re-roll the dough, again, and again!

She also loved wearing her apron from Grandma NeNe (we have matching aprons- how sweet is that).!

And of course, for those of you who think the cookies were made in a perfectly clean house, with a perfectly behaved toddler, with a peacefully sleeping newborn.....here's sweet RBaby's reality photo from her time baking cookies:
Sweet baby. Don't worry though, a good cuddle session and full tummy cheered her up just fine!
And Nboy got to frost and sprinkle lots of leaf cookies when he got home....his favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...