Monday, April 26, 2010

home sweet home

We're home at last! It has been a blandly colored journey of lots of brown boxes, taupe packing paper, silver duct tape, orange u-hauls, silver loading ramps, and see-through-plastic-carpet coverings. We were deeply warmed and blessed by our many man-friends who came to help us move 5 loads of u-haul items. Our own Papa Coach and Grandma NeNe were an amazing support between watching and entertaining the kiddos, moving from sun-up to sun-down (Uncle M. was there for the all day moving too...thanks, Uncle M.!), cleaning out my old very sticky and stinky extra garage fridge (thanks, Grandma NeNe!!!), and staying late into the weekend to help us get settled for our first night in our new home.
NBoy and GGirl have been enthralled with serious games of hide-and-seek in all our new nooks and crannies (I'm sure glad they're still noisy enough to hear them breathing when they hide); hours of backyard play (from which I sometimes watch them from inside our ground floor kitchen window......which is such a luxury coming from a split level in which I couldn't see them from inside); and climbing on all the many, now very dusty, boxes piled around our new home.
Mr.M. & I did a quick clean up of our previous house which included a few goodbye tears on my part. It's just sad to think how quickly time has passed, I still remember bringing both N&G home from the hospital to that sweet, cozy, home. And, I was also mourning the leaving of my peony bushes which had finally started to produce some good blossoms (but not to worry, Mr. M. promised we would plant some new starters at our new home). And, of course all the excessive crying was probably truly due to my preggo state, especially since the tears quickly subsided at the sight of our new home (and haven't again started since)!
We cannot wait to have you & yours over soon, to share in our newest blessing- other than MBaby 3 still arriving in the fall- our new home!
(Pictures: Our all day move team; our first family pic on the hearth at our new home; a box picnic with Grandma NeNe in our empty breakfast nook; NBoy and Papa Coach loading the u-haul; Mr. M. & NBoy bringing the u-haul about for the move)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your new home! I love the wood floors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...