Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"please don't lick that, it goes in the toilet," and other toddler moments

There are always interesting moments in conversation.....especially, when your conversation is with a toddler. Here's are our latest NBoy'isms:

At Lowes with mommy:
M: "We need to get a new plunger for the bathroom."
N: "Can I pick it out?"
M: "Yes."
N: (licking sound)
M: "What are you doing?!"
N: "I'm licking it, mom."
(I wanted to say....why on earth would you do that!) But instead, I said:
M: "N! Please don't lick that! It goes in the toilet!"
(Much to the amusement of several nearby customers.)

At Best Buy with Mr. M.:
Mr. M.: "Let's go play Rock Band."
N: "Ok, daddy!"
(after some time of playing Mr.M. suggests NBoy try out the microphone.)
Mr. M.: "N. Do you want to sing a song?"
N: "Yes, daddy."
(Mr. M. pick's out Beatles song: "She loves you" and it comes on. As the chorus starts, Mr.M. suggests N. start singing...and with all his might he sings into the mic)
N: "Here I am to worship.....Here I am to bow down..."
(I might add- Mr.M. said that he was right on pitch.)

Singing to music in the car:
M: "N. The words are "over the mountains and the sea."..."
N: "No mommy. It goes "over the mountains and the street."
(And he confidently sings it this way, every time we hear it)

We recently watched the pixar cartoon Incredibles. So, as of this week, it's been fun to be referred to as:"Incredibles Mommy."
Today this was our chat in the car:
N: "Incredibles Mommy, can you wear a brown suit?"
(Incredibles mommy actually wears a Red Super Suit in the cartoon- which I suppose I'd prefer more than brown....but then again, I'm not really a spandex fan in general.)
M: "N. Why do you think I should wear a brown suit?"
N: "Incredibles Mommy, if you wear a brown suit then your arms can stretch out as big as the sky, and you could catch me if I'm falling!"
(I love that he can picture me as a super-arm-stretchy-super-hero-spandex-suit-wearing-mommy. I don't think I could get much cooler than that.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...