Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"mom, i didn't like my lunch"

Today, N. went to school. Today when I picked him up, right in the main room- where all the other mom's wait to pick up their children, he loudly announced "mom, I didn't like my lunch." He then went on to state that he didn't eat very much of it because: "it didn't taste good, mom." I gently ushered him out to the car- okay, I basically carried him out before he could loudly list more of his lunch displeasure's.....to a listening...and smiling...fellow mom audience.

When we arrived home, we unpacked his lunch, and sure enough he hadn't touched it. I asked him what he would prefer for me to pack in his next lunch- he quickly responded: "Mom, I'd like you to put cracklin oat bran, cookies, sun chips, pizza and chocolate chips in my lunch."

It could be a balanced lunch. Tomato sauce on pizza counts as a veggie; sun chips basically have veggie remnants in them; and dark chocolate is good for you, right?

I'm tempted. Especially, if it means getting the "best-mom-made-lunch-ever" response!

ps. I was also a little puzzled at his request for chocolate chips in his lunch....we've never had choco chips for lunch, or snack, or anytime for that matter...we usually only eat them in cookies. So, does that mean other mom's are sending snack bags of chocolate chips with their kids.........is that what kids are eating for lunch these days?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...