Tuesday, May 19, 2009

prayer for a band-aid


N. is captivated by firetrucks, police cars and
anything that has a siren.
He has memorized where all the fire stations are along our daily route.

Lately, when we see a rescue vehicle driving with it's lights on,
we've been talking about it,
and occasionally praying for the people
to whom the vehicle is going to help.

Today, this was his own impromptu prayer as we passed the fire station:

"Dear God,
I pray for the firetrucks and police cars,
and the people they go
"eeee..awww...eee...awww...eee.... aww...."
{translation: turn on their sirens}
to help. I hope they get to the hospital in
their fire trucks, and get a band aid on their ouchie."

And, when I observed his solemn toddler face
through the rear view mirror,
I noticed he even had his hands folded.

Needless to say, I had a moment....and shed a
mommy tear (or two)
to hear him speak this earnest toddler'ized prayer,
out of grave concern for others.

Isn't life beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...