Saturday, December 25, 2010

advent

we love celebrating advent.
{I love it too}.
I love being reminded of:
hope
peace
joy
love
in the weeks before Christmas.
before openings lots and lots of presents.
eating lots and lots of sugar.
traveling lots and lots of places.
before the busy-ness of Christmas begins.

of course celebrating advent with toddlers and preschoolers
has more moments like these:
nboy: "mom, if I close one eye the candle looks like a rocket."
mommy: "g. please keep your hair away from the candles."
mr.m.: "okay you guys. you can blow out the candles".....
{insert hot wax flying all over our dining room table}.

nboy: "mommy if we catch on fire, we can stop, drop and roll."
mr. m: "I think I just singed my arm hair."

so aside from the obvious dangers of leaving lit candles
burning with in toddler/preschooler arm length,
I think they did amazing this year remembering each candle.
it was fun to see them absorb this special tradition of advent.

today, Christmas day, we lit the Jesus candle.
and had more candles on a birthday cake.
for HIM.
since today we celebrate HIS birth.
HIS arrival.
which brought the world: hope, peace, joy & love.
{pictures to come}.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...