Thursday, June 10, 2010

a teapot birthday cake


For GGirl's birthday I was trying not to overdue it. I often tend to choose a cake or design that Mr. M.'s says...."I'm not sure that's the wisest choice, darling." Then he goes on to logically list reasons why creating a four to five day masterpiece would not be "wise" for myself...or our family. Mainly since Mommy happiness honestly relates to everyone else's, right?
So along came the Teapot Cake. It was perfect. So, so, so amazingly easy, and super cute too! And, best of all, perfect for G. since she's into Tea Party's right now.
Basically, you use your favorite cake recipe, pour it into a glass Pyrex bowl (you choose the size) and bake it till it's firm in the middle, (I did cover it with foil to limit the browning on the top). Let it cool, flip it onto your cake plate, frost it up with your favorite icing and decorate with your child's favorite candy (I used Jelly Beans & pearl sprinkles).
The spout and handle are made from Micheal's scrapbook paper. I simply found some clip art online. Printed it off, traced them, cut them out, glued them to Popsicle sticks and stuck them in place. The lid is made from a mini cupcake and simply frosted into place on top.
The teacups are created from regular size muffins, frosted, rolled in pearl sprinkles and decorated with Jelly Beans on top. The handles are also traced and cut out scrapbook paper.
This was one Happy Birthday Girl (and I might add this was one of THREE birthday cakes for this, little missy.)....(I only made one of them- and I'll need to post photos of her doll cake created by Auntie K.- it was amazing too)!
We'll just say that after all these cakes for G., NBoy has already put in his "cake order's" (yes, that's plural) for his upcoming birthday this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...