Tuesday, February 15, 2011

nboy & mom- at mom's day {last year}

Nboy's Preschool has a mom's day.
what a fabulous idea!!!
it was such an opportunity to see how this little guy,
flows in his classroom- and I loved it!


first: circle time
{nboy: "mom, its actually octogon time. look at the shape.
it's not a circle."}
I don't think he was anything other than his usual self.

a little goofy.
clearly comfortable with the 12 extra mom's in the room,
+ his teachers and classmates.

this fun guy is our extrovert at home.....
and apparently he's that way at school, as well!
{btw, none of the other kids were making faces}.

this was hil.a.ri.ous.
can I tell you how much we argue at about shoes at this house?
a lot.
{I mean if I put everyones shoes on.
I'm putting on FOUR pairs of shoes & socks!
Do you know how long that takes! too long!}
anway, he's always insisted- he can put his shoes on by himself.
but his socks? no way.
I hear this: "mom! PLEASE put my socks on."
here he is.
proudly telling me.
he's always put his shoes on.
AND always puts his socks on.........at school.
{Yes, mom's day made me a little smarter!}

nboy: "we gotta pound it, mom. you did a good job during movement class!"
you bet, buddy!
{phew! glad I passed movement class in his eyes!}

a good pal.
doing boy stuff.
which is apparently lots of laughing,
slight nudging and pretending to punch each other.
free play.
he immediately went to these blocks.
he loves them.
he told me he builds "towers, hospitals and houses" with them.
and when he's done,
he invites his friends with trucks to "knock them down."
I love how he includes his friends in his play.
he's so welcoming.
love this too.
can I tell you how many sleeves and collars,
are stretched out on his shirts?
this kid loves to stretch his clothes,
and bite on them.
drives me a bit crazy. I'll admit it.
but, it's sweetly quirky, and one of his unique "things," too.
I made him take this with me before we left.
in fact, I bribed him with an m&m.
don't you love how he's already like,
"mom, seriously."
but, seriously!
I'm so proud of him,
this wonderful little boy is growing up so fast!
{sigh}
they have to do that, I suppose!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...