Wednesday, February 10, 2010

long days, tired days, fun days


Our lives have been consumed, literally, by our decision to put our house on the market. It has made this already busy and exhausted preggo mommy- even more tired, and busy! But, we're glad. Really glad. There are so many things to celebrate about this stage in our lives- a new life coming in September, a potential new home (with a tiny bit more storage space- wow!- that's something to celebrate), and our book reading, train addict, pre-schooler boy; and our bow wearing, baby doll toting, toddler girl. But, their sweet smiles and slobbery kisses make it all so fun.

I've also gotten "smarter" through this stage as we try and keep our home in a "show ready" state. Our little ones now happily munch snacks in their car seats, while I fly back into the house throwing rouge toys, socks and undies into laundry baskets; tossing dirty dishes in with the clean ones in the dishwasher, and making sure our "little kid/diaper" -ok, I'll just say it: "poop" smell- isn't overwhelming to the nose right when you walk in the door. I think this routine is working well for all three of us- and it's really lessened a lot of the "please don't dump ALL of that out on the floor...we just cleaned it up!!!!!," conversations while we're walking out the door.

Since we're talking about messes, above is NBoy's favorite pass-time, "boat making." Inspired by his Biblical namesake, he fills his bed, floor, couch, chair, with every toy in on his shelf, his toy buckets and even GGirls toys. Yes, you can hear the sound of every little tiny toy dropping out of his toy bucket into his "boat." Needless to say, it's made for some very "fun" family clean up. Yes, we do end up helping him clean it up- and it takes all of us, about 20-30 minutes to get it all put away. I think we'll soon be looking for other more constructive and less-huge-mess-making, inspirational ways he can mimic the life of his namesake hero.

Lastly, I know you've heard of the American Idol audition "pants on the ground." This should really be NBoy's theme song, since right now his skinny self often means his pants are very close to the ground- or at least hanging off his toosh. Yes, that's even with the elastic tightened up in the waist band. So, here's a sweet photo of him helping me cook with his typical pant sag going on!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Hannah - on the house and the baby! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the house. I don't remember hearing about the baby before, that's exciting news!

    I noticed NBoy's pants in the photo before I read the last paragraph, that's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats are definitely in order! So happy for you and your little miracle... and how exciting about a new home! YaY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...