We call the Bass Pro Shop our "indoor zoo." It truly fits the description, although I suppose one major difference could be noted in the large amount of very-much-not-alive, taxidermy animals, perched all around. This weekend we decided to take Mr. M. over to "Santa's Wonderland" in hopes of snapping a shot of the little ones with the jolly, fat, man in red. This kids and I have visited Santa's Wonderland often, me in my desperation to get out of our house, and they in their need to run like wild in some place other than our home. We're usually there during the earlier morning hours, when Santa is not "at home."
I thought with Mr. M. along surely they would be willing and even excited to meet Santa- at last. But, as you noticed- there is no Santa photo. It was not to be. Long lines of parents with children eagerly anticipating their sitting with Santa, even longer sentences from N. saying "I don't want to see Santa, please don't make me go, I just want to climb on the boats," and completely terrified glances from G.; made Mr. M. give me the look that said............this will not end well, for all the long waiting it will take to get there.
So, we climbed on the boats, shot the be-be guns, "drove" 4-wheelers, looked at the fish, drove the race cars, and I was content to take photos of the sign for their scrapbooks (and a few other pictures too).
ps. Ironically N. was more than willing to pose for a photo with the incredibly long-clawed, 8 foot tall, tooth bearing, grizzley bear, but not the man in the red suit.

No comments:
Post a Comment