Tuesday, January 12, 2010

homemade peanut butter and honey granola bars


Well, it's still cold and snowy here in the mid-west. So, this morning NBoy and I made these delicious and healthy homemade peanut butter and honey granola bars. I used ground flax seed meal as our thickening component, and substituted maple syrup for the honey since we were out. No, there's no baking- just heating the soft items in a pan and then mixing the heated items with the granola. So, make sure to let them cool completely if you want a stiff, non-crumbly, bar (and I'm sure using the honey would help them hold their form better). I also added 1/2 cup of dried coconut and 1/4 chopped pecans for our "mix in". They were easy to whip up and fast to finish! N&G have already gobbled down quite a bit this morning- so I guess that's what we're eating for lunch today.
(photo also from www.activelifecooking.com).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...