I love Pumpkin! Last year N Boy called it "pun-kin." I'm so sad he's grown out of that word....he doesn't say it that way, this year! Anyway, pumpkin is one of my favorite fall menu items! Since we're having a round of cooler-than-usual-weather in the mid-west, I just had to make something in favor of the approaching fall weather. Well, there's nothing better than a loaf of warm pumpkin bread. After perusing my recipes, and in favor of eating healthy, I decided on a low-fat recipe I hadn't tried in some time. I love how this turned out! I altered it a bit- added some whole milk instead of low fat, and tossed in more cloves. I also split it between two loaf pans- which turned out better than one large thick loaf (plus then it lasts longer at my house)! It's still super moist and full of flavor, and I promise you don't miss the eggs and oil that are usually in most traditional pumpkin bread recipes.
Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups of unbleached, all-purpose flour
1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1/2 cup low-fat or whole milk
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups of unbleached, all-purpose flour
1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1/2 cup low-fat or whole milk
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pan's with nonstick cooking spray. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, brown sugar, milk, egg and oil together. Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring just until moistened. Add mini chocolate chips. Pour into two prepared loaf pan's. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

yummy!! looks great...I'll have to try it soon!
ReplyDelete